FIRST THINGS FIRST
Read more what are the required UMak Examination Ratings, GWA, Requirements for Freshmen, Shifters, Transferees, and Second Coursers
ARE YOU READY FOR THE NEXT STEP?
Read about Enrollment Procedures
Admission Policies and Procedures, Enrollment for Freshmen, Old Students, Transferees, Cross-Enrollees
COLLEGE ADMISSION PROCESS (Video)
Here’s what you need to know about UMak’s College Admission Process
- Current Grade 12 students or Senior High School graduates may apply
ALTERNATIVE LEARNING SYSTEM PASSERS
- Students who passed the ALS Accreditation and Equivalency (A&E) Test and are eligible to transfer to college as indicated in the ALS Certificate of Rating
- New-Curriculum Student or college student who has a Senior High School diploma.
- Old-Curriculum students or those who have entered college prior to the full implementation of the senior high school program must have completed at least two (2) years or four (4) semesters in college with the following requirements:
- has met the Graded Weight Average (GWA) and other requirements of the College; and
- has no accumulated failing grades, Unofficially Dropped (UD), and Incomplete (Inc.) for a total of nine (9) units in one semester or fifteen (15) units in total stay in college upon application.
- Student who has completed a degree/program and wishes to pursue another degree in the University and has met the grade requirements of the college
PERSONS WITH DISABILITY (PWD)
- Persons with Disability (PWD) registered under the City of Makati may apply but is subject for screening of the UMak Center for Inclusive Education, Gender, and Development (CIEGAD)
Note: Non-Makati applicants should have a GWA of 90 or better. Only the top 300 applicants will be considered. We don’t accept incoming third year transferees both Makati and non-Makati applicants.
PROGRAM AND ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
If you decided which programs you want to take, please read carefully admission requirements before submitting documentary requirements here
Clear scanned/soft copies of the following:
- Duly filled-out Application Form (from website)
- Recent 2×2 ID picture with student’s name tag, white background
- PSA Birth Certificate
- Report Card/Rating Form/Transcript of Records (TOR):
- Grade 11 card (for graduating senior high school students)
- Grade 12 card (for Grade 12 completers/graduates)
- Certificate of Rating (ALS Passers) – MUST indicate “Eligible for College Admission”
- Transcript of Records (for Transferees/2nd Coursers)
- For Makati residents who are NOT students/graduates of any Makati Public Senior High School:
- Personal latest voter’s certification (for applicants 18y/o and above)
- Parent’s or sibling’s latest voter’s certification with PSA birth certificate (for applicants 17y/o and below)
- Register online through https://umak.edu.ph/olca/registration/new (for Freshmen) or https://umak.edu.ph/olca/registration/new/transferee (for Transferees & Second Coursers)
- NOTE: Online Application will begin on January 5, 2022 until February 13, 2022.
- LINK: College Program Requirements for AY 22-23
- Answer the captcha and submit the application form
- Open the email address you registered in the application form and check for a verification email. Click the “verify” button.
- Another email will be sent to you containing your pre-filled application form, list of requirements, and the Google link where you will be uploading your admission requirements.
- Submit the COMPLETE and CLEAR scanned requirements mentioned above, compiled in one (1) pdf file, in the Google form link (link provided in the application form). Read carefully and follow the instructions in the link.
|Registration Form (PDF)||View | Download|
UMAK ADMISSION TEST: WHAT TO EXPECT?
All Freshmen-applicants for college admission are required to take the College Qualifying Examination (CQE). This examination covers Language Skills (English and Filipino), Mathematics, General Physics, Science and General Information which is being done for 3 hours. In addition, Personality Test will be administered based on the request of the college. (COAHS, CAS-Psychology Department)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I am a non-Makati Resident, do I have a chance to be admitted?
A GWA of 90% or higher is a requirement. Also, the top 300 Non-Makati applicants will be considered.
How much is the tuition at UMak?
1000php for Makati and 3000php for Non-Makati, plus miscellaneous fees.
Are you ready to be one of the future builders of this land?
CENTER FOR ADMISSION AND SCHOLARSHIP
J.P. Rizal Extension, West Rembo, Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines
The University of Makati (UMak) is a locally funded university of the local government of Makati and is recognized by Commission on Higher Education. Learn More
Visit UMak | Campus Map | Offices and Centers | Directory