WHAT WE ARE ?
The CENTER FOR LINKAGES, CAREER DEVELOPMENT AND PLACEMENT or CLCDP is a merger of the former On-the-Job Training and Placement Services Center and the former Center for External Resources and Institutional Networking. The center paves the way for partnerships so that its services and program offerings may be participated in by, and integrated within and among the academe, the industry, and the society in general. CLCDP networks with various institutions – local, national, and international, public and private – for curriculum development, student training and placement, faculty advancement, infrastructure and facilities upgrading, research and extension.
CLCDP envisions to bridge the undertakings of UMak with opportunities and resources that the wide world of the industry and workforce could offer to ultimately advance the employability of UMak graduates.
CLCDP encourages external organizations, corporations, and industries to institutionally link with UMak in creating and developing academic affiliations that are committed to create and implement innovative and sustainable curricular programs, relevant student development and faculty capability building, and greater career opportunities for students and graduates.
WHAT WE DO ?
- LINKAGING AND PARTNERSHIP – The center acts as a liaison to the various business and industry, government and non-government, and academic sectors in the development and implementation of strategic alliances with UMak, in collaboration with the different college/center/office proponents of the University. The center has a Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/UMakCLCDP) to help ensure that they stay connected and engaged with students, alumni, industry and academic partners and other interested community members and constituents. Projects and activities include the yearly Industry Partners Recognition Day, Organizational Memberships, UMak Link Newsletter, and Partnership Contract Processing.
- STUDENT INTERNSHIP/ON-THE-JOB TRAINING (OJT) – The center coordinates with the academic colleges to facilitate deployment, documentation, and monitoring of student interns. Activities include Internship/OJT Orientation, Job and Training Referrals, Deployment, Monitoring, and Clearance of Interns.
- CAREER PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT – The center conducts and/or collaborates with industry partners for the conduct of skills enhancement and training to prepare students for the workplace, at the same time develop professional goals and plans for the fulfillment of a rewarding career. Projects and activities include the yearly Career and Employment Planning Conference and periodic Job Skills Training, or Career Development and Networking Seminars with industry partners.
- PLACEMENT AND EMPLOYMENT ASSISTANCE – The center helps employment or internship seeking students by linking them with reputable employer or intern seeking industry partners and other related employment agencies. Projects and activities include the yearly Mega Job Fair, Government Internship Program, Special Program for Employment of Students, and In-Campus Training. The center also regularly puts out Job and Internship Vacancy Posts on the CLCDP office bulletin board or Facebook Page.
OUR INDUSTRY PARTNERS
We are privileged to work with a wide range of industry partners from all sectors who generously contribute in various ways to the University and to all the students as well. Our partners contribute in many ways. Below are University of Makati’s industry partners. In case we missed you, contact us.
Smart Communications, Inc. (Smart) is a wholly-owned wireless communications and digital services subsidiary of PLDT, Inc., the Philippines’ largest and only integrated telecommunications company.
MODALITYInfrastructure & Facilities Upgrading
PROPONENTCollege of Technology Management
Ground Floor, Ramon Cojuanco Building, 100 Legazpi Street, corner Dela Rosa Street, Legaspi Village, Makati, 1229 Metro Manila
PHILIPPINE INSTITUTE FOR SUPPLY MANAGEMENT
Philippine Institute for Supply Management (PISM) is the country’s premiere professional association of supply management practitioners.
PROPONENTCollege of Business and Financial Sciences
CONTACT8687-0544 / 8634-5942
Unit 2502-C East Tower Philippine Stock Exchange Centre, Exchange Road, Ortigas Center, 1605 Pasig City, Philippines
EDSTER GLOBAL PTE. LTD.
Edster Global Pte. Ltd. (Edster), subsidiary of Ascendens Asia Group, is a continuing professional development organisation registered with the ACRA Singapore.
PROPONENTCollege of Continuing, Advanced and Professional Studies
186A Bedok North Street 4, #15-02, Fengshan Greenville, Singapore 461186
REDFOX TECHNOLOGIES PHILIPPINES, INC.
Redfox Technologies, the premiere Filipino IT and innovation company, is proud to announce that its partnership with the leading Chinese IT manufacturing company China Great Wall computer, has allowed the company to continue with maintain its status as a top-tier global company.
MODALITYInfrastructure and Facilities Upgrading
PROPONENTOffice of the Vice President for Administration and Finance
Building 4, 3rd Floor Topy's Place, 3 Economia Road, Bagumbayan, Quezon City, 1110 Metro Manila
CMLI TRAINING, INC.
CMLI change lives by preparing graduates for leadership positions in the maritime transport sector. CMLI ensure that content and approach are closely coordinated with industry needs and that we appropriately leverage technology and emerging best practice. CMLI improve maritime education through actively seeking and sharing ideas with other maritime educational institutions and industry groups.
PROPONENTCollege of Maritime Leadership Innovation
J.P. Rizal Ext, Makati, 1215 Metro Manila
DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY
The Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) shall be the primary policy, planning, coordinating, implementing, and administrative entity of the Executive Branch of the government that will plan, develop, and promote the national ICT development agenda. (RA 10844)
PROPONENTCollege of Computer Science
71 Judge Juan Luna St, Quezon City, 1105 Metro Manila
|2nd Semester||Internship Orientation|
|2nd Semester||Virtual Career and Employment Planning Forum|
|2nd Semester||Virtual Career Fair|
|November 24, 2022||Industry Partners Recognition Day 2022|
- REAL LIFE-UMAK PARTNERSHIP FORMALIZED:
- 4TH UMAK, DOSHISHA UNIVERSITY & KWANSEI GAKUIN UNIVERSITY - JPN | PHL LANGUAGE AND CILTURE EXCHANGE PROGRAM with the theme, "An Intercultural Dialogue: Students' Everyday Lives,":
- VIRTUAL INTERNSHIP/OJT ORIENTATION:
- 3RD JAPAN AND PHILIPPINES LANGUAGE AND CULTURAL EXCHANGE PROGRAM:
- PARTNERSHIP WITH THE UNIVERSITY OF MAKATI TO PROMOTE THE PHILIPPINE IDENTIFICATION SYSTEM BY THE PHILIPPINE STATISTIC AUTHORITY. #IDNATIN
- VIRTUAL CAREER EMPLOYMENT AND PLANNING CONFERENCE
7. VIRTUAL INDUSTRY PARTNERS RECOGNITION DAY 2021
Internship Recommendation LetterClick and Download
Internship Consent and Agreement formClick here to try the form
Personal Information Sheet 2022 - (PER COLLEGE)
|College||Google Form Link|
COLLEGE OF ARTS AND LETTERS (CAL)
COLLEGE OF BUSINESS AND FINANCIAL SCIENCE (CBFS)
COLLEGE OF COMPUTING AND INFORMATION SCIENCES (CCIS)Formerly College of Computer Science
COLLEGE OF CONSTRUCTION SCIENCES AND ENGINEERING (CCSE)
COLLEGE OF GOVERNANCE AND PUBLIC POLICY (CGPP)
COLLEGE OF HUMAN KINETICS (CHK)
COLLEGE OF ALLIED HEALTH STUDIES (COAHS)
COLLEGE OF SCIENCE (COS)
COLLEGE OF TOURISM AND HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT (CTHM)
COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT (CTM)
Internship Evaluation FormClick here to try the form
Internship Rating SheetClick here to try the form
DIRECTOR OF CLCDP
CYNTHIA MARGARETTA RABAGO JOSÉ
CYNTHIA MARGARETTA RABAGO JOSÉ is an advertising and marketing communications practitioner turned short-lived entrepreneur and now, a late-bloomer academician at the University of Makati (UMak), where she is the Director of the Center for Linkages, Career Development and Placement (CLCDP) under the Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs. She joined UMak in 2009 to head the Research, Planning, and Corporate Communications Center, then later reassigned to the Center for External Resources and Institutional Networking which was merged with the On-the-Job Training and Placement Services Center to form what is now the CLCDP. She holds a degree of Master in Business Administration (Regis Program) from the Ateneo de Manila Graduate School of Business, and a degree of Bachelor of Arts in Communication, major in Communication Research from the University of the Philippines College of Mass Communication.