The General Services Office (GSO) is a small team of administrators, engineers, building maintenance experts and drivers. The GSO team maintains facilities and equipment of five (5) buildings, a world class track oval and football field, with more than 200 rooms, and other areas all within the three (3) hectare campus.
This maintenance feat is done with the support of other City departments, the help of regular outsourced service providers and multiple other maintenance experts such as:
- Multimedia Equipment Maintenance
- Building Management System Maintenance
- Cooling Tower Treatment and Cistern/Water Tank Maintenance
- Pest Control Management
- Elevator Maintenance
- Toilet Sanitation
- Track Oval Turf Maintenance
- Janitorial Services
- Drinking Fountain Maintenance
- CCTV Maintenance
- Building Maintenance
To facilitate movement of people and goods, the University has a fleet of nine (9) executive vehicles and larger transport vehicles like coasters and bus. Vehicle and driver monitoring, vehicle dispatch and maintenance is the responsibility of the GSO. Other tasks that require specialized vehicles like trucks for movement of large and bulk materials are also requested by the office.
We envision a General Services Office to be composed of highly competent professionals mindful of the current and future needs of the University; proactive, innovative and competent individuals working as a team in serving the UMak community and its clientele.
The General Services Office will continue to be responsive to the needs of the University; by being attuned to current best practices, adaptive to future industry trends in the field of building and facilities maintenance, and management of attached specialized units and service providers.
List of Office Function
The GSO team functions are as follows
- Assist and monitor implementation/status of all City projects and other on-going special projects
- Conduct ocular inspection on building, facilities within UMak premises for maintenance concerns: architectural/civil, mechanical, electrical, plumbing works and any other works related to building maintenance
- Assist our partners at the General Services Department – Building Maintenance Division (GSD-BMD) in the implementation of preventive maintenance schedules conducted by in-house and visiting service providers
- Monitor implementation of all on-going special projects and daily operations of in-house maintenance services
- Receive and address all maintenance requests
- Supervision and facilitation of transportation services
- Receive, check and release maintenance supplies
- Facilitate housekeeping requests: daily and regular cleaning, movement or transfer of FFEs, venue set-up, and the like
- Management of specialized service providers
- Provide management with sound technical advice to guide them in strategic decisions
- Plan and propose projects, activities and programs related to the preservation and betterment of the campus and its clients
Mr. Eleazar G. Santiago, MIR
Office Head, GSO
About Office Head
Mr. Eleazar G. Santiago, MIR, is the head of the General Services Office (GSO) of the University of Makati (UMak). Prior to his designation as GSO head, he served as the Head of the Bids and Awards Committee – Technical Working Group (BAC-TWG) as well as the Chief Administrative Officer of the City Administrator’s Office. He previously served as a Senior Technical Specialist for LGUs with regards to the implementation of the Organizational Performance Indicator Framework (OPIF), performance-based budgeting system and the roll-out of the Strategic Performance Management System (SPMS) of the Civil Service Commission. Before joining government service, he was the Head of the Praxis Program as well as being a Student Affairs Professional of the Office for Social Concern and Involvement (OSCI), Ateneo de Manila University which exposed him to various organizations both in the private and government sectors as well as linkages both local and international. Mr. Santiago finished his AB in Management Economics from the Ateneo de Manila University and Master of Industrial Relations (Major in Human Resource Development) from the University of the Philippines – School of Labor and Industrial Relations (UP-SOLAIR). He has received trainings on Government Procurement law, Organizational Development, Sustainable Finance and Development of Shelter Strategies for Informal Sectors, among others.
UNIVERSITY OF MAKATI
Basement Floor, Administration Building
J. P. Rizal Street Extension, Barangay West Rembo, Makati City
Contact Number: 8881-7391