Prof. Florante E. Delos Santos
UNIVERSITY RESEARCH CENTER
PROFILE OF THE DIRECTOR
Florante E. Delos Santos is a tenured assistant professor at the University of Makati. He was a former Assistant Director of the Center for Guidance Services and is the current University Research Director of UMak. He has academically completed his Master’s degree in Pastoral Ministry at the Immaculate Conception Graduate School of Theology and finished his Master’s degree in Education major in Guidance Counseling at the University of Makati. He has taught philosophy, theology, English, and social sciences courses. His research interests include philosophy, particularly Wittgenstein and Wojtyla; student services, and counseling. He is also a licensed professional teacher and a Registered Guidance Counselor, and also a certified peer reviewer by the Publons Academy/ Web of Science.
The Center envisions a University of engaged professionals committed to doing discipline-based research that contributes to the continual enrichment of its body of knowledge and or the development of the City Government of Makati as the premier city of the country.
To actualize its vision, the Center is committed to producing a reputable research journal by providing comprehensive research services through the use of both commercial and open-source research software and establishing partnerships with industry, research organizations, and other HEIs for collaborative and commissioned research work.
- Provide technical research competence to UMak faculty members, students, and administrative personnel.
- Enforce policies and standards on research formulated and agreed on by the academic community.
- Manage information resources through the creation of an information management system for related literature/studies.
- Serve as a gateway to patent searching and facilitation of IP protection.
- Implement research work that can benefit both the University and the City Government of Makati.
The Research Center empowers the University community through:
- TRANSPARENCY (Openness and collaboration among industry partners, research organizations and other Academic Institutions)
- EQUALITY (Addresses fair principles)
- EXCELLENCE (Achieves outstanding research quality and productivity)