Accounting Office is in charge of analyzing, recording, classifying, summarizing and communicating all transactions involving the receipt and disposition of government funds and property that will ultimately lead to the interpretation of results to be used in formulating policies and making management decisions.
The Office was created in 1989 when the Board of Regents approved the collection of token fees from students.
We envision the Accounting Office to be the epitome of upholding competence and professionalism among the staff through the use of globally accepted, excellent and efficient accounting practices and services for the University of Makati.
To attain our vision, the Accounting Office will promote the use of best practices in the delivery of its services through competent and professional staff who are proactive and dynamic partner of the management in its quest for quality education.
GENERAL RECORDS AND PROCESSING UNIT
Prepares the following financial reports and submits to the Departments / Offices / Colleges concerns:
- Token Fee Disposition
- Collection Report
- Subsidiary Ledger of Student’s Accounts Receivable
- Summary of Outstanding Balances
- Statement of Account
- Billing Statement for Use of Facilities
- Cash advances for Student Organization
- Reports such as Accomplishment, CHED and ALCU – COA Accreditation and ISO
Records the following to Cash Receipt and Disbursement Book:
- Token and Other School Fees
- Income Earned from Use of Facilities
- Expenses such as personal services and other operating expenses
Reconciles collection generated from the Master Data vs IBAYAD Report
Posts and Maintains Employee’s Subsidiary Ledger
Checks Liquidation Report submitted by the Student Organization
Student Accounts Unit
- Conducts verification of documents submitted by registrants who claim to be Makati residents.
- Reassess token and other school fees of students during enrollment.
- Evaluates and approves the student’s promissory note applications.
- Approves examination final permits as control measure to ensure that students have paid their token fees.
- Approves clearances after verification of students’ accountabilities
- Responses to students’ queries (email, phone and onsite)
- Posts assessment and collection of token fee to students’ individual leger
Diana Rose R. Simangan, CPA
Head, Accounting Office
Ms. Diana Rose R. Simangan is an alumna of the University of Makati with a degree of Bachelor of Science in Accountancy. She took and passed the Certified Public Accountant Board Examination in 2009 and eventually joined her Alma Mater. She served as the unit head of the General Records and Special Accounts under the Accounting Office from August 2009 to May 2020, and was then, appointed as the head of the office on June 20, 2020. With her compassion and dedication to serving the university’s stakeholders in both the academe and administrative fields, she was granted a deserved promotion to Accountant IV in 2021.
Administrator & Staff
|Diana Rose R. Simangan, CPA||Head, Accounting Office|
General Records and Processing Unit
|Arturo M. Tesorero Jr., CPA||Unit Head, General Records and Processing Unit|
|Cristine L. Ang||Administrative Staff|
|Reynaldo C. Malicdem||Administrative Staff|
Student Services Unit
|Rose Sharon G. Daa, MBA||Unit Head, Student Services Unit|
|Delia A. Tamado||Administrative Staff|
|Celerina T. Bayog||Administrative Staff|
|File Name||Download Link|
|Residency Verification||View | Google Forms|
|Promissory Note||View | Google Forms|
Direct Line: 8882-0684
J.P. Rizal Extension, West Rembo, Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines
The University of Makati (UMak) is a locally funded university of the local government of Makati and is recognized by Commission on Higher Education. Learn More
Visit UMak | Campus Map | Offices and Centers | Directory