Office of the University Secretary
The University Secretary provides secretarial work to policy-making bodies in the university, namely the Board of Regents, the University Council, and the Management Committee. This includes preparation and distribution of agenda and supporting documentation, and preparing minutes of meetings. Through this function, the University Secretary communicates to the community the decisions and thrusts of the management.
The Office of the University Secretary envisions itself to be a strong arm of the University’s governance and mandate.
The Office of the University Secretary shall work for effective integrated communications with adherence to protocols and quality standards for both internal and external stakeholders; efficient policy documentation, and records management, continuously improving the university’s historical information.
About the University Secretary
Ms. JUVY B. HERMOSURA, MPA
Ms. Juvy Bibonia Hermosura, MPA was born on September 15, 1968 in Nabua, Camarines Sur and is married to Ssgt Marcelino Hermosura.
She took her primary and secondary education in Angustia Elementary School and St. Jude Agro-Industrial College respectively where she was a consistent Valedictorian. She studied AB Political Science at Bicol University, Legaspi City where she graduated Cum Laude in 1989. She took her Masters in Public Administration at University of Makati, Makati City and is academically completed on her Doctor in Public Administration (DPA) program. She is with UMak for 26 years now.
Presently, she is designated Head of the Human Resource Management Office. In her two and a half years of stay in the HRMO, she was able to craft several policies aimed at ensuring a healthy work environment and productive workforce. Prior to her designation as HR head, she was the Director of the OJT and Placement Services Center of UMak where she holds the position for eight (8) years. Her previous position as OPSC Director is strategic in attaining the University’s objective for its graduates which is 100% employability of graduates three (3) months after graduation. Ms. Hermosura has been active in establishing linkages with the industry not only for internship and employment opportunities but for curriculum development as well. Right now, University of Makati is proud to have 500 industry partners of different modalities and her office has contributed a lot for its success.
Aside from her exemplary work performance, Ms. Hermosura has been a member of different Committees in the university and is the Board Secretary of the University’s employees cooperative for twelve (12) years now.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as secretary of both the Board of Regents and the university and shall keep all records and proceedings of the Board, communicate to each member of the Board of Regents, notice of meetings and agenda;
- Renders technical assistance to the University President in the formulation and implementation of policies, rules and regulations approved by the Board of Regents, Executive Committee, and other relevant bodies in the university;
- Prepares agenda of meetings, minutes of meetings of the Board of Regents, Executive Committee, University Council, as well as provide documentation of items in the agenda;
- Keep records and minutes of the proceedings of the Board of Regents and the Executive Committee, as well as all other pertinent records of the university;
- Prepare office memoranda, office orders, office circulars and prepare official communications for other agencies, government or private;
- Disseminate the approved resolutions passed by the Board of Regents and Executive Committee to the officials and parties concerned, subject to the approval of the University President;
- Develop, initiate, implement, and approve various projects (e.g. Branding and Marketing, Data Privacy, Record Keeping, Archiving, and Alumni Relation) of the Office of the University Secretary and its centers in accordance with the existing policy and guidelines of the
- Attend and participate in the Management Committee meetings to decide, determine, and resolve institutional concerns that may or may not need the intervention of the University President. Identify the matters to be discussed and prepare the agenda, minutes of the meeting, and other necessary materials; and
- Manage the Image of the university through the appropriate communication mediums, such as the website and social media pages.
- Encourage alumni to be advocates for the university and be an active partner of the university in promoting the university as a reputable higher education institution
- Develop and sustain relevant, strong and diversified academic affiliations encompassing local, national and global landscapes.
Contact and Information
OFFICE OF THE UNIVERSITY SECRETARY
Direct Line: 8882-0681