New Incoming Grade 11
- Current Grade 10 students or Junior High School graduates may apply
ALTERNATIVE LEARNING SYSTEM PASSERS
- Students who passed the ALS Accreditation and Equivalency (A&E) Test and are eligible to transfer to Senior High School as indicated in the ALS Certificate of Rating (COR)
PERSONS WITH DISABILITY (PWD)
- Persons with Disability (PWD) registered under the City of Makati may apply but is subject for screening by the UMak Center for Inclusive Education, Gender, and Development (CIEGAD)
Note: The University prioritizes Makati voters or those graduates of any Makati Junior High School whose Grade 9 GWA is 88 or better. Those whose Grade 9 GWA is 85 to 87.99 will be put on the waiting list. Only the top 1500 applicants will be considered.
Clear scanned/soft copies of the following:
- Duly filled-out Application Form (from website)
- Recent 2×2 ID picture with student’s name tag, white background
- PSA Birth Certificate
- Report Card/Rating Form:
- Grade 9 card (for graduating junior high school students)
- Grade 10 card (for Grade 10 completers)
- Certificate of Rating (ALS Passers) – MUST indicate “Eligible for Senior High School Admission”
- For Makati residents who are NOT students/graduates of any Makati Junior Senior High School:
- Personal latest voter’s certification (for applicants 18y/o and above)
- Parent’s or sibling’s latest voter’s certification with PSA birth certificate (for applicants 17y/o and below)
- Register online through: https://umak.edu.ph/olca/SeniorHighSchool/new
- Answer the captcha and submit the application form
- Open the email address you registered in the application form and check for a verification email. Click the “verify” button.
- Another email will be sent to you containing your pre-filled application form, list of requirements, and the Google link where you will be uploading your admission requirements.
- Submit the COMPLETE and CLEAR scanned requirements mentioned above, compiled in one (1) pdf file, in the Google form link (link provided in the application form). Read carefully and follow the instructions in the link.
- Wait for the posting of the list of students for screening by the Higher School ng UMak (HSU) in April or May 2023.
NOTE: Admission is ONLY for the top 1,500 Makati graduates or residents with voter’s certification whose General Weighted Average (GWA) is 88.00% or higher. Those with GWA of 85.00%-87.99% will be put on a waitlist, subject to top management’s approval.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
When is the Application Period for College?
The online registration and submission of requirements for next school year, Academic Year 2023-2024 for incoming Grade 11 has ended on February 19, 2023. Meanwhile, for Incoming College Freshmen, Transferees, and Second Coursers ended on March 24, 2023.
For more updates on the next schedule, follow facebook.com/UMakPH and facebook.com/UMakAdmissions.
What are the fees do I need to pay on entrance exam?
As of now, there is no entrance exam for senior High School.
I am a transferee, how do I transfer to UMak-Higher School ng UMak?
The University is NOT accepting transferee. We only accept Incoming Grade 11.
How much is the tuition at UMak-HSU?
Since HSU is still part of the Basic Education under the Department of Education (DepEd), there is no tuition fee being collected.
How about school uniforms?
The City Government of Makati provides the school unform.
I am a non-Makati Resident, do I have a chance to be admitted?
The University prioritizes Makati voters or those who graduated form any Makati Junior High School.
Is UMak currently holding face-to-face classes?
As of now, the University is having blended learning, there are courses (subjects) that are being conducted online and there are which are conducted face to face.
Are you ready to be one of the future builders of this land?
CENTER FOR ADMISSION AND SCHOLARSHIP
J.P. Rizal Extension, West Rembo, Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines
The University of Makati (UMak) is a locally funded university of the local government of Makati and is recognized by Commission on Higher Education. Learn More
Visit UMak | Campus Map | Offices and Centers | Directory