The Center for Student organization and Activities (CSOA) is responsible for all Student Affairs. It will supervise, guide, and monitor recognized various student organizations and their activities such as, leadership programs and student organizational development, sports development, volunteerism, peer helper program, among others towards their holistic development.
Graduates of the University of Makati, being desired and preferred to employ by both private and public sectors in the progressive Makati City, whose training and preparation for leadership is beyond contestation.
To realize its vision, the Center for Student Organization and Activities will take the lead towards effective planning and development of synchronized and sustainable programs and activities that provide enjoyable learning experiences towards the development of responsible, competent, and excellent professionals.
Fly like a HERON
Humble, Empowered, Revolutionary, Open-heart, Noble
- Ensures proper office system/protocols and forms are followed and available respectively in the office.
- Accredits the student organizations based on the compliance of the required and necessary documents and thereby endorses for the approval of the Office of the VP for Student Services and Community Development (OVPSSCD).
- Leads the direction of the student government in realizing its objectives.
- Coordinates and facilitates planning conferences with the student organizations.
- Keeps the record of student organization profiles and properties for documentation.
- Evaluates the outcomes of student activities vis-à-vis program objectives.
- Evaluates the sponsorships and partnerships with external linkages or companies, whether public or private, that the organization will enter into.
- Investigates student organizations on their misconduct and endorses to the CSFD if and when necessary.
- Checks the financial records of student organizations.
- Recommends themes and/or activities to student organizations
- Implements program trainings on leadership and parliamentary procedures.
- Reviews handbook on student activities upon the approval of the OVPSSCD.
- Controls non – College initiated activity that will be conducted outside the University.
- Performs other functions as directed by the OVPSSCD.
Staff and Administrator
Professor Angelito N. Vargas, MA-IGSE, CSASS
Director, Center for Student Organizations and Activities
|Prof. ANGELITO N. VARGAS, DIEM||Director|
|MS. VIVIAN A. CABALLERO||Staff|
|MR. BERNARD A. PAGULAYAN||Staff|