UFMO will be globally competitive in terms of providing well-maintained facilities through a prompt and effective reservation system for the use of facilities through excellent customer service that will satisfy both the internal and external clients while enhancing the image of the University.
UFMO primarily aims to provide facilities when and where needed by internal clients – students and administration towards an enhanced educational system; and at the same time to generate funds for the City Government of Makati through a prompt and effective reservation system.
The office was originally part of the Supply and Property Management Office (SPMO) designated as the Property Reservation Unit (PRU). The unit then was in charge of the administration of facilities and service vehicles. In 2010, the UMak Oval which has a full-size football field, running track, grandstand and bleachers with a 3,800 seating capacity was opened. In the same year, the University Facilities Administration Office was created as a separate department in charge of reservation, monitoring and maintenance of facilities and service vehicles. The following year, the department was renamed University Facilities Reservation Office concentrating mainly on reservation and monitoring of use and maintenance of university facilities and service vehicles. On July 15, 2021, the Transportation Service Unit was transferred to the General Services Office while the specialized laboratories were integrated and changed the name to University Facilities Management Office.
Functions of each section
- Handle the reservation for use of facilities.
- Monitor the usage and maintenance of facilities.
- Ensure that guidelines on the use of facilities are implemented.
- Formulate strategies to enhance the revenue from the use of facilities.
- Monitor billing and payments for the use of the facilities.
- Coordinate and provide assistance with other offices which are end-users of the laboratories to ensure smooth operations.
- Provide for employee wellness through the Fitness Gym and other sports facilities.
- Handle the operations of the UMak Hostel.
Key Result Areas
UFMO as the primary arm of the university in the reservation of facilities adopts the following general areas of output in determining the efficiency and effectiveness of its role
- Reservation of Facilities of Insiders
- Reservation of Facilities of Outsiders
- Accommodation to Hostel Facilities
- Accommodation to University Fitness Center
Support laboratory functions which adhere to academic and professional standards.
Key Performance Indicators
UFMO in its commitment to prompt reservation process and standardize laboratories within the university shall consider the following key performance indicators as a measurable value in demonstrating the effectiveness of its role as the primary arm of the university in facility management.
- Prompt and Accurate Reservation of Facilities for Insiders
- Prompt and Accurate Reservation of Facilities for Outsiders
- Prompt and Effective Accommodation to Hostel Facilities
- Prompt and Effective Accommodation to the University Fitness Gym
- Standard laboratories which are available to use by students and stakeholders
Pablo E. Napao III
Office Head, UFMO
About Office Head
Gained his BS in Industrial Technology at Pamantasan ng Makati, Master of Arts in Special Education at the University of Makati and is currently enrolled and finishing his Doctor in Business Administration at Lyceum of the Philippines, Pangasinan Campus.
He has been in the University since 1997 in the Student Accounts Section where his main function is to assist students in the systematic enrollment process. From June 2010 to March 2012 he was assigned as Section Head of the Physical Academic Resources Center (PARC)/ Computer, Digital & Technology Laboratories where his task is to maintain records, quantify and condition computers and formulate guidelines in the use and operation of laboratories. On April 2012 to December 2013 he was reassigned to SPMO as Section Head of the Inventory & Disposal Section where its deliverable is to maintain records of the University’s property and equipment. His next posting was the Department Head and Accounts Management Officer of UFRO from January 2014 to May 2017 its duties are the management of facilities and transportation services after which he was assigned as Program Head (Academic & Admin Services) of Makati Training, Placement & Livelihood Consortia. On November 2020 he was designated as Department Head of the office and its main thrust was to establish a world-class facility that will hold student activities, city and national government events and other private events that will generate recognition for the university.
The more than 20 years of service, he contributed more ideas and functionality that the university has revel. Continued effort is his commitment to ensuring the quality of events and facility management.
Pablo E. Napao III
Office Head, UFMO
University of Makati, JP Rizal Extn., West Rembo, Makati City