- Participants must create a new design for the University of Makati Official Mace. The concept must be in accordance with the university’s standard branding (Tatak UMak) and symbolize UMak’s core values and commitment as a future builder of this land.
- The contest is open to all members of the UMak community (students, alumni, faculty, and employees).
- The participants are allowed to submit multiple entries.
- The design should make use of the following specifications:
Material: Light Weight Wood and Metal
Staff: 89 cm
Head: 16 cm (diameter) 50.27 cm (circumference)
Full Length: 105 cm
Mace Stand: 16 cm x 5 cm x 56 cm
- The submission of entries will be open from April 20, 2023 – July 31, 2023.
- All entries should be submitted in high-resolution JPEG/PNG format to https://forms.gle/TroCHDbdNy9k7Mtq5
- By entering the contest, the participants must declare that the submitted entries are their original work, have not been published or submitted to any competition, and do not infringe on any third party’s existing copyright. Any complaints that may arise due to similarities, likeness, or comparisons of the design will be the accountability of the participant as he/she would be responsible to prove its authenticity.
- The winning artist shall sign an intellectual property release for the intent that UMak shall fully own the rights to the design; edit, revise, reproduce, print, and publish it on its website and in other media and corporate materials. Hence, the JPEG/PNG and all raw files used to create the design should be submitted.
- One winner shall be chosen and shall receive a certificate of recognition and a cash prize of 10,000 Php.
The winning design will be announced through the social media platforms of the university in August 2023.
The entries shall be judged according to the following criteria:
The design should reflect the UMak heron spirit and its stature as a leading local university in the country.
|Creativity and Originality
The design should stand out and uniquely represent the University through an original work/rendering of key symbols and visuals.
|Visual Appeal / Impact
The design as a heraldic symbol of the University for officially sanctioned programs/activities should command honor, pride, and love for the University.
Current University Mace
Your creativity is essential in designing one of the symbolic marks of the university—the mace.