- Emergency Drills (Earthquake, Fire and Bomb Threat)
- DRRM Seminars
- Emergency Skills Training
The Occupational Health and Safety Office (OHSO) deals with all aspects of health and safety in the University and has a strong focus on the primary prevention of hazards. Our goal is to prevent/mitigate accidents to our employees, students and clients within the campus.
Our mission is to tediously inspects, assesses, and promptly addresses all safety and wellness concerns through regular ocular inspections including safety and health measure campaigns and implementations.
Occupational Health and Safety Office envisions the university as an educational institution where perceived hazards are preempted and immediately addressed to ensure safety and wellness among its populace.
Your Health and Safety is our priority.
- Maintain a Safe and Healthy Workplace
- Comprehensive Food Safety Monitoring (Canteen sanitation and cleanliness)
- Comprehensive Facility Hazard Identification – Prevention of incident/accident related to facility
- Proper waste disposal
- In-charge of the Private Security Contract in safeguarding the facilities, property and equipment.
Mr. Orlando P. Benedicto
Office Head, OHSO
About Office Head
Mr. Orlando P. Benedicto was with the University of Makati for the past 30 years, where he was the Procurement Section Head of the Supply and Property Management Office when designated as the head of the Occupational Health and Safety Office of the University in concurrent capacity in 2013. In April 2017 he assumed as full-time head of OHSO. In 2020 the outsourced Security personnel were put under his supervision and management.
He has Construction Occupational Safety and Health (COSH) trainings and seminars from the City Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office (DRRMO) for various safety and emergency protocols and procedures.
He was designated by the University President as alternate member of the City’s Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (DRRMC) with the following functions:
- Cover the function of the principal member across all Thematic Areas and all sectors in the absence of the principal member.
- Participate in the various meetings, workshops, trainings, seminars, and planning sessions of the Makati DRRM Council and provide valuable inputs, as necessary.
- Decide, as authorized, in behalf of the Member or Department/Office Head on matters needing immediate response.
- Communicate all discussions and agreements made during the DRRMC meeting and activities to the Member and other Alternate Member, as applicable, and other personnel in his/her department, as necessary.
- Exert all effort to build his/her capacity in disaster risk reduction and management
- Serve as the focal person for the development, implementation, and monitoring of DRRM programs, projects, and activities
- Serve as focal person during re-echoing and brown-bag sessions, as necessary.
|Orlando P. Benedicto
|Adrian M. Yumping
|In Charge Facility Safety
and CCTV Support Staff
|Arch. Elmer M. Cabrera
|Rolando G. Marquez
|Bianca Alexis C. Calleja
Announcements from Occupational Health and Safety Office (OHSO)
ORLANDO P. BENEDICTO
OHSO Direct Line: 88830535
Office Location (Temporary):
8th Floor, Health and Physical Science Building,
University of Makati, JP Rizal Extn., West Rembo, Makati City